A Random Blog of Everything I like
Hello my fellow bloggers, it’s been a long hiatus 🙂
Becoming a mother is really time consuming, I am not complaining because I enjoy every second I have with him…but that means I have to sacrifice my blogging time. However, I will not delete this blog or my turtle blog because there will be a time when I can start actively blogging again 🙂
Anyway…if you had been my friends for years, then I know you know how I like hiking and how I met my husband on a hiking trip. Therefore, it’s only natural that we will introduce our hobby to our son, Anka. We waited until he can sit properly. He could sit before 8 months old but we had to wait for the holiday to come.
The place that we chose for his first camping trip (28-29 June) was in the foot of Mount Salak. Camping trip first then we will slowly introduce him with mountain hiking.
The camping ground was behind that hill on the right side. The place is called Loji, The Eagle Sanctuary in Bogor. It took a 2.5 hour ride using motorcycle.
As part of Thursday Thirteen, here are Anka’s (sometimes with Ibu and Ayah) happy time in the wood 🙂
1. Looking happy after a long ride. It was quite tiring but He looked sooo happy.
2. Ready to have a 20-30 minute walk to the camping ground.
3. Playing with Ayah (daddy in Indonesian language) after he had set the tent.
4. Having a walk around the camping ground. I carried him forward and he enjoyed seeing the greenery.
5. Playing with fallen leaves…I caught this expression when he got annoyed because I kept preventing him from putting the leaves into his mouth.
6. He was so happy being out there that he refused to sleep. Usually, after breastfeeding he would fall asleep…but not during camping, after breastfeeding he became active again.
7. Fortunately Anka is used to sleeping in the dark as we always turn off the light. This leads to his calmness when the tent was dark…he even enjoyed playing with the small flashlight.
8. The next morning, he woke up without crying (even at night he only cried when he wanted milk)…all fresh up and ready to play again. I was a bit afraid he would become fuzzy as it was his first time sleeping on the ground. And it was raining all night long.
9. We went hiking to the waterfall in the morning. He didn’t cry or being noisy at all, he enjoyed seeing greenery. We didn’t reach the waterfall as the trek is getting steeper and slippery. We didn’t want to fall when carrying him (it’s okay if it was just us). We reached 8hm (high meter, where each hm stands for 100m). Going down, Anka slept all the way and Ayah used the time to soak him with sunlight.
10. We let him play for one to two hours before getting ready to go home. Here’s he was playing on Ayah’s tummy.
11. Examining a rock.
12. Curious with a dead leave.
13. Although he was tired but he still gave his best smile on our last picture before walking down to the parking lot.
We were so happy that everything went well. We were so tired when we arrived at home and wanted so bad to sleep straight away but Anka was still energized…so the sleep had to wait 😉
Anyway, we were glad that he had no fever afterward as I often saw babies/children had fever after their first holiday.
Looking forward to have more outdoor activities with Anka 🙂