Well…he is Stephen King, the only author whom all books I want to read. As I have said many times, I know he is not the best writer in the world but he sure is one of the best story teller in the world. You can read my list of SK’s books I have read and to be read in Counting Down Stephen King’s Books.
No need to explain about him because he is already damn famous 😉
This post has 2 purposes for two different blog events.
The first purpose is my first participation in a meme called Thursday Thirteen. I first found this meme in Alice Audrey’s blog. The idea is just to share 13 things every Thursday, the thing can be ANYthing. I am not going to do it every Thursday, only occasionally 😉
My first is to share 13 books by Stephen King that I considered as his best in my collection. I have around 20 books by him with 2 books missing (someone borrowed them and never returned them, I am more careful in lending books that misfortune).
Those books are (in no particular order):
- Skeleton Crew
- Different Seasons
- The Stand
- Needful Things
- On Writing
- Full Dark No Stars
- The Shining
- Salem’s Lot
- Under The Dome
For Stephen King, I read over 1000 pages with pleasure (I won’t touch that thick book if it isn’t his book)
Have ever read SK books before? Or you are one of the Haters?
Move on to the second purpose, my friend Caroline @ Beauty Is A Sleeping Cat told me about about The Stephen King Project 2012 hosted by Natalie @ Coffee and a Book Chick and Katleen @ Boarding in My Forties.
Here are the rules and other things related to the project (I copy-pasted it from the host’s post with a little editing)
- This will run from January through December 2012
- Anyone can join.
- The Project will be hosted at The Stephen King Project review site. Participants should link their reviews to the Linky there.
- Audiobooks and ebooks count.
- A King Novice: 1 book
- A Lil Bit of King: 3 books
- A King to Balance It All: 6 books
- A King Legend: 9 books
- A King for All Seasons: 12+ books
- Hell. YEAH. Same rules from the above apply, except…
- You can mix and match but you should have more books than films in your end-of-year total tally.
- Write an announcement post on your blog.
- You don’t have to put a list of books together in your announcement post.
- Use one of the blog buttons below in your announcement post.
- Enter the link to your announcement post at The Stephen King Project Announcement Post
- Every time you write a review, enter the link to it for the appropriate month at the review site.
- At the end of each month, one participant from that month will be selected via random.org and will win a book from either Kathleen or Natalie.
- At the end of the year, one participant from the year will win a $50 gift card!
The gift card is really tempting…but with or without it, I will still join in as you can easily guess that I am one of SK fans 😉
I knew this project much later than it should be, thank you Caroline for telling me or otherwise I will never find it. I will include SK’s book that I have read before this announcement post.
I hope I can join A King For All Seasons or at least A King to Balance It All but my speed of reading is not that fast…the most I can read was 5 books a year. I could read more than that but that means I can’t read other books and I don’t want it, as much as I love his works, I still want to discover another author. Therefore, I will settle for A Lil Bit Of King…for Now.
Here are the books I have read, currently reading and to be read:
I know I will read more than those three 😉