Today, I am going to do two book memes at the same time 🙂
One is my usual Teaser Tuesday and the other is Book In Life.
Teaser Tuesday is a fun bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Everyone can play along, all you have to do is simply take the book you are currently reading. And then share 2 ‘teaser’ sentences from any page in the book. I often share more than 2 sentences
I am currently reading a memoir by K’tut Tantri called Revolt in Paradise. K’tut was a British born American citizen who had spent years in Indonesia during the colonialism of Dutch and Japan and live through the struggling of my people to protect our freedom from being taken away by the Dutch with the help of British army.
Her way of telling Indonesian history was more fun than any textbook I have ever read in school.
Here is my teaser from page 207, the event took place after the continuous bombing by the British Army on a defenseless city called Surabaya.
I shall never forget the sights in the villages. One old man sat in the corner of his hovel staring into space. “what is the matter, bapa?” I asked, “What is troubling you?” He gazed at me unseeingly for a time, then rose and led me into a small bedroom. There, laid out on the floor, were the bodies of three young men, ranging in age from about fourteen to seventeen. “My sons,” said the old man. “They died for Merdeka“
- Bapa refers to sir in English, so what is the matter, bapa means what is the matter, sir.
- Merdeka means Freedom
Let me know your teaser 🙂
The rule is quite simple:
For those who wish to take part, all you have to do is finish the sentences PCN has come up with for this year’s edition using the title of books you’ve read this year.
I have done something similar with music last year, it was called Let’s Shuffle The Music, I had great time with that meme…because of that, I want to try with this one too.
Here are my answers: (you can find all the books I have read this year in here)
- One time at band/summer camp, I: gained new kind of Antibodies (Kevin J Anderson)
- Weekends at my house are: like The Most Wonderful Fairy Tale (Nicholas Jobe)
- My neighbor is: from Norwegian Wood (Haruki Murakami)
- My boss is: Isshun Boshi (JapaneseFolklore)
- My ex was: born in 1984 (George Orwell)
- My superhero secret identity is: Dr. Slump (Akira Toriyama)
- You wouldn’t like me when I’m angry because: I have The Lost Symbol (Dan Brown)
- I’d win a gold medal in: War and Humanity (Usamah)
- I’d pay good money for: The Secret of The Unicorn (Herge)
- If I were president, I would: make The Paper Door (Naoya Shiga)
- When I don’t have good books, I: want To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
- Loud talkers at the movies should be: put in a Shelter (Nicholas Jobe)
What a fun meme…the answers are often ridiculous.
What do you think of my answers?Want to give this a try?