I have decided to make this man as my monthly post since 2 months ago, but I waited till November comes (till this exact date).
Monthly Murphy is my newest monthly post that talks about the one and only, one of the most gorgeous and talented men on earth… Mr. Cillian Murphy. There are so many things I want to write about him, I make him into a monthly post because I need to control myself. Putting him in my monthly post will force me to write ONLY 1 post about him. Early this year, I wrote too many posts about him, I don’t want that to happen again.
Out of all my post about him and his movie, I have never written about how I found him and why I love him. I’m going to spill it out now 🙂
I first saw Cillian Murphy in Batman Begins. I watched that movie because the deep eyes Christian Bale is in it. But then…a cute man appeared in the court, he was Dr. Jonathan Crane. My attention shifted from Bale to Crane. At that time I only liked his face and had no interest in finding who his name was.
Then, I bought 28 Days Later (about 3 years ago) because a friend of mine told me that Shrinking Universe (One of my favorite songs by Muse) is one of the soundtracks and because people kept telling me that the movie is awesome. I love the movie and it is one out of 2 of my favorite Zombie Movies. But I discovered something else in 28 Days, I discovered Cillian Murphy. He was incredibly gorgeous in 28 Days Later. His appearance in this movie makes me crave for more of his movies.
I kept my eyes open for all his movies in my local TV stations. I got to see The Edge of Love, The Wind That Shakes The Barley and Red Eye. The Barley is where I found out that Cillian Murphy is a brilliant actor. At that time, I realized that Cillian Murphy is more than just a pretty face, he is also an amazing actor.
On March 2010, I found a place to download all his movies (I only download ones I can’t find here). The first movie that I downloaded was Breakfast on Pluto. Seeing Pluto has converted me into a total admirer, my friend told me that I’m obsess with him, and a student of me called me as Cillianiac (I like this word and use it all the time).
The obsession started because Cillian Murphy was freaking amazing in Breakfast on Pluto. The more I see him in Independent movies or Irish movies, the more I like him…because he was amazing in those movies. His Hollywood movies didn’t let him shows his real talent. He always changed in every movie he played. Try watching Red eye then Pluto then Peacock …you’ll see 4 completely different people. Pluto is the one that make me look at Cillian as more than just a face, his talent had won me over.
His personality and his love for acting are other reasons for me to like him more than other actors. He is so down to earth, never tried to live like a superstar. He keeps his family away from the press. He tried to avoid TV-talk shows till Gleeson made him come to his 1st talk show. When asked why he never did any talk show, his answer was simple “I didn’t feel like doing it”. I like the way he keeps his career in between big budget Hollywood movies, small independent movies and theaters…it really shows that he cares more on the art than just making money.
To know more about him, you can read it in Wikipedia.
I’ll be using the icon above for all posts about Cillian Murphy, except for his movie review.
These are the posts I have written about him:
- They Who Captured My Attention
- Enchanting Trailers: the Matrix and Inception
- Men to Drool On
- Cillian Murphy’s Next Projects
- My Heart is Melting
- Cillian Murphy’s Next Projects (Dec 2010)
- Cillian Murphy’s Cameo Performances
- Mirror mirror on the wall: Who’s the prettiest Cillian Murphy of them all
- Top 5 Movies by Cillian Murphy
- Letter to Mr Cillian Murphy
- Happy 35th Birthday Cillian Murphy
- Cillian Murphy Updates (June 2011)
- Misterman – A sold out Performance by Cillian Murphy
- Retreat VS In Time (before I see both movies)
- Red Lights Special: Cillian Murphy Snapshot
- Retreat Vs In Time Part 2 (After seeing bot movies)
- Cillian Murphy in Dazed & Confused
- Filmography and Red Lights Trailer
- A Look Into Ireland Through Cillian’s Movie
- Congratulation for your BEST ACTOR award
- Send Cillian Murphy Your Birthday Wish
- Cillian Murphy Week:
–> Broken and Other News
–> I Just Want To Jump (a short story of how I imagine Cillian’s dream would be)
–> Thirteen Favorite photos of Cillian Murphy
–> Happy 36th Birthday, dear Mr. Murphy
- More Award and Movie (The Drama Desk Award and Letter From Unknown Woman)
- Cillian Murphy With Glasses (Poll); News; and Questions by Fans
- Cillian “Antagonist” Murphy (poll)
- Cillian Murphy as Doctor Who – a meaningless photoshop
- Cillian Murphy on PORT
- Upcoming Mini-Series: Peaky Blinders
- Cillian Murphy’s Women (and man) part 1
- Bits on Broken and Red Lights DVD
- Murphy News: Misterman, Peaky Blinders, Cry/Fly and Transcendence
- Happy 37th Birthday – a Poem
- Murphy News : Updates on Peaky Blinders & Cry/Fly and new Movie (The Heart of The Sea)
- Cillian’s directing debut: Hold Me Forever
- Cillian’s Characters in one sentence
- Alphabet Murphy Meme
- Cillian Murphy’s Women Part 2
- Murphy News: Transcendence, In the Heart of The Sea, Peaky Blinders and The Free World
- Happy 38th Birthday
- Cillian in Another Play by Enda Walsh – Ballyturk
- Breakfast on Pluto
- Watching The Detectives
- Disco Pigs
- The Girl With a Pearl Earring
- The Wind That Shakes The Barley
- Perrier’s Bounty
- The Silent City
- Watchmen & The Water
- Red Eye
- At The Death’s Door
- On The Edge
- In Time
- Red Lights
- Filleann an Feall : Cillian speaks in Irish
- Cillian Murphy’s Movies I am Not Too Keen About
- Peaky Blinders: Episode 1; episode 2; List of 10 reasons
Comment is closed as Monthly Murphy is now a page (not a post anymore)
Visit the page >> Monthly (Cillian) Murphy