Indonesia Banget #0
What is Indonesia Banget?
Indonesia Banget can be translated as So Indonesia which means that I’ll be writing about things that define Indonesia…and hopefully it is something that can only be found in Indonesia. I’m not going to write only on the good sides of Indonesia but also on the not so good side of Indonesia…basically literally all things related to Indonesia.
This is number 0 because I’m not going to start writing about Indonesia yet, I want to start the 1st post on August 17.
Why August 17?
Because it is our Independence Day. We gained our Independent from Dutch and Japan on August 17, 1945. And for that reason, every single post of Indonesia Banget will be posted on 17, every month.
Why is it written in English?
Because if I wrote this Indonesian Language (Bahasa), it will be useless, the main idea is to share a bit about Indonesia to the whole wide world and hoping that people will be eager to visit this beautiful archipelago country. Although I’m writing it in English, that doesn’t mean you can not leave a comment in Bahasa, feel free to drop your comment in Bahasa, English or even Japanese (^_^)v
I hope I can use pictures that I shoot by my self, however some things are just too difficult to find, so I will rely on google 😉
I will be using the image above in every Indonesia Banget post.
Here are the things I have written:
- 17 Agustusan (Independence Day’s Celebration )
- Mudik (Going back to the Village)
- Bedong (The art of wrapping the infant)
- Malam Bainai (a Minang tradition on the night before the wedding)
- Kerokan (One of many Indonesian traditional folk-cures)
- Topeng Monyet (Traditional Monkey Circus)
- Death Ceremonies
- Traditional Houses
- Sangkuriang, a Folklore From Indonesia
- The act of kissing someone’s hand
- You May Litter Wherever You Like
- Fasting and Kolak
- The Day we Proclaimed Our Independence
- Similar food in 2 countries
- Kuntilanak,Indonesia’s most famous ghost
- No Rice Not Complete
- Graveyards in West Sumatra
- Floor Sitter
- Malin Kundang
- The Raid: Redemption
- National Education Day
- Country With 4 Religions
- Indonesian Educational System
- The Flag of Our Country
- Eating With Hand
- Supernatural Beings To Make You Rich
- Ranting on Rich Children’s Inability To Speak National Language
- Some Public Transportation in Indonesia
- The Toilets and The Water
- Year Book
- Dangdut – a Music Genre Heard by Many
- Balado Eggplants (Recipe)
- Garuda Pancasila
- Volcanoes Country
- Religious Holidays
- Read Indonesian Short Story Month
- Thank you for joining Indonesian Short Story Month
- Celebrating Indonesian Independence Day at my School
The Beauty of Indonesia:
- Green Canyon (Cukang Taneuh)
- Mount Bromo
- Ijen Crater
- Baluran National Park
- Papandayan> Heading to, Day 1, Day2, Edelweiss
- Mount Cikurai> Day 1, Sunrise, Day 2
Comments are closed because this post has turned into a page> Things Indonesian. You can leave your comments there 🙂