Japanese Literature Challenge 4 (ようこそ4日本文学への挑戦)
Horay… my favorite Challenge has begun again 🙂
Why is it my favorite challenge? because it is about Japanese Literature and my reading list in a year is always consist of at least 30% J-Lit.
The reason for having so many J-Lit to read is because I often visit Japan Foundation Library (JF-Library), I visit JF more than my own country’s national library.
All my books for this challenge will also be shared in my 2010 Support Your Library Reading Challenge. Here is my Library Card:
As usual, this interesting event is held by Dolce Belleza and the review site is here. She also shared this cute Icon for the challenge.
I’m planning to read these Books (Tho I might have a change of heart later on – so far, this is my plan)
- 2 books by Miyuki Miyabe : All She Was Worth and Shadow Family
- 2 Books by Haruki Murakami (I’m pretty sure it’ll be more than 2) : Elephant Vanished and Norwegian Wood
- 1 book By Soseki Natsume
- Few Mangas will also be included since Manga has become Japanese Literature too.
- 1 book by Shusaku Endo, I like his work after reading The Deep River
- Many other from different authors, I’ve been trying to read more new authors this year.
I have already borrowed 2 books from JF, those books are going to be my 1st 2 books in this challenge.
I’m so excited 🙂 本当 に 嬉しい 挑戦だ
Here are my previous Post from Japanese Literature Challenge 3, My opening post is here and my closing post is here.
Here are the books I have already read :
- The Square Persimmon by Takashi Atoda
- The 210th Day by Natsume Souseki
- Shadow Family by Miyuki Miyabe
- The Tokyo Zodiac Murders by Soji Shimada
Here are the manga I have already read :
- Doubt by Toshiki Tonogai