A Random Blog of Everything I like
Some people like to read but they don’t like movie, while others tend to like movie but despise books…well I am a person who enjoy both A LOT, I am an excessive reader and movie goer…both movie and book provide me with knowledge and fun.
I’ve learn that, watching the movie before reading the book and the re-watch the movie is much better than reading the book then watch it for the 1st time…why? Because the movie can not surprise me anymore and then I tend to compare it to the book and finding it not as interesting as the book (unless for some movies like The Lord of The Rings who able to capture the best of the book). If I watch it 1st, the book can still surprise me as if I never seen the movie before.
They are some amazing movie that can surpass the book. For example, The Mist by Stephen King…the ending in the book is so boring but the Movie altered the ending and become a much better ending.
Despite of what I’ve just said…I still watch a lot of movies after reading the book…for Stephen King’s books, I choose to read it 1st so that I still have the element of Surprise. And if you look at my list below, 3 out 4 are the books I haven’t watched yet.
The rules are very simple
Here’s how to join:
1. Select a challenge level:
- Matinee: one book/movie
- Double Feature: two books/movies
- Saturday Movie Marathon: four books/movies
- Film Festival: eight books/movies
- Festival Jury Member: ten books/movies
2. Copy and paste the Read the Book, See the Movie Challenge button to your blog. (Optional. If you don’t have a blog, you can still sign-up and play along. You can post reviews here.)
3. Sign up using Mr. Linky below. Please list your challenge level in a comment.
4. Get together a list of books/movies that you plan on reviewing. (Optional. You can just see what comes along during the year if you’d rather.)
I am aiming for the Festival Jury Member 🙂 but for now let’s settle on Movie Marathon, I am sure I will change it along the way.
Here are my list: