I have few book challenges this year…but I’m still open for new Challenge 🙂
And…I have just found the perfect challenge that relate to my New Year’s Resolution…well at least one of them ;), which is To Read More New Authors…as in new for me not new because they just published their first book.
I have strong believe in authors I’ve already known but lack of interest with those i have never read before…but lately I’ve been reading more and more books from new authors and I really enjoy the experience.
Sometimes I found great authors that made me want to read more books from them…but sometimes I also found not my kind of author and I tend to avoid reading more of their works…I admit it’s like two side of a coin, either you like it or not…but either way, I really enjoy the ride. and that’s why I try to read more new authors this year.
New Author Challenge 2010 is held by Literary Escapism,
Here are the guidelines:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
- Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from anthologies.
- I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be. For me, I’m trying another 50 new authors. If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.
- After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.
- New Author Challenge 2010 Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome
So….I’m hoping I can read at least 15 new authors 🙂
Here are my round-up review:
- Strangers by Taichi Yamada
- Hell by Yasutaka Tsutsui
- Cage by Kenzo Kitakata
- The Naked Traveler by Trinity
- Deep River by Shusaku Endo
- Pandemic by Kakizaki Masasumi
- The Square Persimmon by Takashi Atoda
- Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
- The X Files – I Want To Believe by Max Allan Collins
- Alice in Jeopardy by Ed McBain
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Doubt by Yoshiki Tonogai
- The Tokyo Zodiac Murders by Soji Shimada
- The Manhattan Hunt Club by John Saul
- White Serpent Castle by Lensey Namioka
My 2011 sign in post is here