I found this challenge through belleza’s blog. And it seems interesting:
So here’s how it works: Between January 1 and December 31, 2010, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a food in the title: Clockwork Orange, Grapes of Wrath, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- A book with a body of water in the title: A River Runs through It, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, The Lake House
- A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Murder of King Tut, The Count of Monte Cristo, Lady Susan
- A book with a plant in the title: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Wind in the Willows, The Name of the Rose
- A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: Out of Africa; London; Between, Georgia
- A book with a music term in the title: Song of Solomon, Ragtime, The Piano Teacher
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
(click the picture to see the challenge)
I know that it’ll be a bit difficult to finish because we must read books based on the title itself…and I am not sure I’ll be able to do it completely but I would’ love to give it a chance.
The only book that I have and fit for this challenge is The Manhattan Hunt Club by John Saul. It’ll go to a book with Place Name in the title.
I’ll find the rest of the book later…I’ve got all year to do it 😉
Here are my books:
- Body of Water: Deep River by Shusaku Endo
- Food: The Square Persimmon by Takashi Atoda
- Place Name: The Tokyo Zodiac Murders by Soji Shimada
- Title: The Lord of the Rings – the Two Towers by J.R.R Tolkien