I found this Challenge after visiting Marce’s blog and because I LOVE THRILLER AND SUSPENSE, I am going to join in without any hesitation 🙂
The challenge was to read at least 12 thriller and suspense books within 1 year. For further detail, click on the picture.
Huahaha that’s so easy and I am sure that I’ll read more than 12 books by the end of the year…it’ll be filled mostly by the great Mr. Stephen king, because I am addicted to him.
These are the books I’m going to read:
- The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King, I had just finished the book and although it’s not January yet…I decided to post my review anyway 😉
- Crosfire by Miyabe Miyuki (which also included in my Japanese Literature Challenge 3), it’s about a girl who can control fire and uses it to fight crimes.
- Insomnia by Stephen King, I read this a month ago and because the book is so heavy I couldn’t continue reading it on bus and decided to put a stop on reading it and will continue it during school’s holiday next week.
- Stangers by Taichi Yamada (which also included in my Japanese Literature Challenge 3), it’s about encounter with ghosts.
- Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris, I guess everyone knows who Hannibal is 😉
- The Manhattan Hunt Club by John Saul, this will be my 1st Saul’s book…I hope I will like it coz someone told me he is in the same genre as Stephen King
- The Dark Tower 1- The gunslinger by Stephen King, I’ve been searching for this book for quite some times and finally find it 🙂 so eager to start reading it.
- Dark House by Gary Crew, I had this book for a year now and still hasn’t finished it yet 😦 I will definitely do it this year.
- Dragon Tears by Dean Koontz, like Saul, this will also be my first Koontz’s book because someone told me he is in the same genre as Stephen King.
- Alice in Jeopardy by Ed McBain, it’s about a girl being kidnapped. This book is my student’s challenge for me…she bought a book based on cover and asked me to read it.
- Night Shift by Stephen King (again!!! hehe). It’s a compilation of short stories.
So far…those books are on my TBR list of 2010…but I can assure you that it’ll grow because I couldn’t keep my hand (and eyes) away from this genre.
I am looking forward to read reviews from other bloggers who join this challenge 🙂
Updated in October 13, 2010
I finally finished the challenge with extra 2 books. Here is the wrap-up post.