My personal button for this challenge (^^)v
I didn’t know a cute challenge like this exist. I knew about it after reading JoV’s wrap-up post for her What an Animal Reading Challenge III.
I know that I don’t read much animal related books and I might not be able to finish this challenge…but how could I resist such challenge that involve animals? (This is what I though when I read JoV’s post)
What an Animal Reading Challenge IV begin on March 1, 2011 and end on February 29, 2012.
These are the basic rules:
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
- there is an animal in the title of the book
- there is an animal on the cover of the book
- an animal plays a major role in the book
- a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you’d like).
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)–dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark…dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf…you get the idea…
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them. (I will list them as I find them)
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
After reading rule number 1 and checking my books from last year, I think I can finish this challenge easier than I thought.
Last year; I read 4 books with animal in the cover : The Gunslinger by Stephen King (Bird), The Stand by Stephen King (Horse), Padang Bulan by Andrea Hirata (Birds), Ninja Rantaro by Soubei Amako (Pig); and 2 books about animals: Cujo by Stephen King (Dog) and Chicken Soup for The Cat & Dog Lover’s Soul (many kind of animals)
Early this year; I read 1 book with animal in the title : To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and 1 book with animal in the cover : Alice’s Adventure in wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
I will try my best to finish this cute challenge. As you can see above…I use my own button because I love my turtles so much. The original button is cute but my Kame is cuter… hehehe I know I am being subjective but i couldn’t help it
Here is the original button and you can go to the challenge by clicking on the picture.